The LGA Golf Performance Program
Available at: ChampionsGate
To play your best and excel at any level, you must strength train for golf using conditioning methods that:
- Reduce and prevent injury
- Improve driving distance and accuracy
- Improve consistency
In other words, your body must have sufficient flexibility to get into specific positions, as well as the strength necessary to consistently reproduce the swing techniques you and your coach have been working so hard to achieve, in order to reach your peak golf performance. Led by acclaimed sports performance coach Trevor Anderson, our strength training for golf program helps you achieve these goals, so you can take your game to the next level.
Each Golf Performance Program includes…
Our evaluation system uses the newest breakthrough in scientific testing called Posturology, a neuro-muscular re-programming of out of tune sensors in the feet, eyes, jaw and skin. Abnormalities in the postural system could lead to unwanted muscle solicitation which may cause poor technique in your golf swing, as well as possible injuries.
First, we analyze your feet and eyes; the body's main receptors. This allows us to establish both your postural type and identify any dysfunction. Next, the muscular-skeletal system is assessed using both range of motion and functional tests specific to the various positions of the golf swing, and which are designed to identify any muscular weakness and restrictions in movement.
Corrective Exercise Program
As part of your golf performance program, you’ll receive a customized strength training strategy based on your postural evaluation which is specifically designed to meet your needs and goals. The corrective exercise program combines the following key elements:
- Balance Training - If you are off balance you cannot produce power. Each golf performance program has highly specialized foot and eye exercises to improve your proprioceptive balance and coordination.
- Core Training - To develop strong abdominal and spinal muscles used in your golf swing and to prevent injuries.
- Power - Strength x Speed = Power. Dynamic exercises are incorporated into all of our golf performance programs to develop speed and strength. The result will translate into explosive power, a key transitional element in the golf swing.
- Myofascial & ELDOA Stretching - No program is complete without a comprehensive stretching routine; however there are many different types of stretches. Myofascial stretching is a global approach that not only stretches the muscles but more importantly the fascia. There are various fascial chains or links throughout the body. Fascia is connective tissue the envelopes and is also a part of the muscles, organs and glands of the body. ELDOA, also known as scientific yoga, are scientifically designed spinal exercises used to create space between the vertebrae and joint structures. Both of these types of stretches are unique to the fitness industry. They were developed clinically and are proven to prevent injury, promote recovery, and rehabilitate disc injuries, tendonitis and many other types of repetitive motion injuries.
Incorporating these lessons into your routine will allow you to more efficiently and safely reach your peak golf performance. Learn more about strength training for golf today. Call 888-633-LEAD for more information.